Common Stains And How To Remove Them Easily
Keeping our furniture upholstery clean is taxing especially when you have small children and pets. Also, with our constant usage, our furniture upholstery becomes a repository of dirt, debris, pet hair, dead skin flakes, and allergens like dust mites, mould and mildew. Moreover, accidental spills by clumsy guests, dirt smears by our playful children and pesky pets are the norm. But we need to establish a regular routine to clean our couch upholstery to protect us from various health hazards.
Stains are an inevitable part of our life. Cleaning various stains from fabric or leather upholstery need not be difficult. You must make it a practice to clean stains as soon as they occur. If you are faced with a persistent stain, nothing is easier than calling Comfort Couch Cleaning Brisbane services for expert help in removing your stubborn stains.
We share below some tips to help you with the process of stain removal:
- Always read the manufacturer’s care instructions which are contained in the fabric tags attached to your upholstery. This ensures that you don’t make mistakes in the process of cleaning out stains. As you must be aware, fabric tags usually indicate W, S, WS, X or D. This is the medium with which you can clean and wash your upholstery. W means water, S means Solvent, WS means both water or solvent, X means vacuum only and D means dry clean only. If you clean your upholstery with the wrong solution, you risk permanent damage to the fabric. You also protect the manufacturer’s warranties for your furniture in the process.
- Make sure that you spot-test a small patch on the upholstery before using any cleaning agent or chemical on the upholstery surface. This is another measure to safeguard your upholstery. This ensures that you extend the longevity of your upholstery life.
- The first step before any sofa stain removal process is to thoroughly vacuum your upholstery surface. Do not neglect any nooks, corners or hidden areas. This way, you sweep away not only the dry dirt and surface debris but also the hidden pathogens.
- Do not use excess water while removing stains. This will destroy the foam and pass underlying upholstery and also lead to mould and mildew growth.
- Above all, make sure that you do not place your furniture in the path of direct sunlight. This will cause your couch and sofas to look faded, old and lacklustre.
Some common stains that we face in everyday life and how to remove them
We all enjoy our weekend parties with our guests and friends. An accidental spill on your prized couch upholstery by a guest is unavoidable. Don’t panic if this happens. You can remove unsightly wine stains by following a few simple steps given below:
- Blot the area immediately using clean towels and paper napkins. Blot the stains gently and don’t scrub them.
- Pour some carbonated water on the stains. Blot the excess liquid. Repeat until the wine stains become faint.
- As a last step, make a paste of baking soda and water and apply it directly to the stained area. Let it remain for a few hours until it penetrates the deep recesses of your furniture upholstery. Ensure that the paste dries completely. Wipe it with a clean dry cloth and vacuum your furniture to remove any last remnants.
- If you are unsure or are unable to remove the wine stains completely, use the help of Sofa Stain Removal Brisbane services.
Butter and Oil
Your children may love snacking on French fries and other greasy snacks but their greasy hands also leave grease marks on your lovely couch upholstery. Oil and grease are easy to remove. Simply sprinkle the area over the greasy stain with corn-starch or baking soda. Let it rest for some time. Then thoroughly vacuum the area. Use soap dish soap and water to clean the area thoroughly with a moist cloth.
You may work remotely at home or catch up on some office work seated comfortably on your sofa. Some ink stains on your sofa upholstery may be inescapable. Your children may be prone to writing on your sofa upholstery with an ink pen. You can remove ink stains easily by using the following method. Make a solution using a two-thirds cup of rubbing alcohol and one spoon of white vinegar. This works wonders for removing any ugly ink stains. Scrub gently using the solution and blot thoroughly with a clean white cloth. Call in your professional cleaning service like Stain Protection Brisbane and also get stain protection for your furniture upholstery.
Beer and Coffee Stains
We all love our beer and coffee. We may also accidentally spill some on our sofa upholstery. If left untreated, they will create dark stains on your couch upholstery. Use an ice cube and rub it gently on the area stained by beer. Mix liquid detergent with water and apply it to the stained area. Scrub the area in circular motions. After that blot away the excess liquid. Follow the same procedure for coffee stains. You can skip the rubbing with the ice cube step.
Don’t worry if your sofa upholstery develops accidental stains whatever the source. Using an expert cleaning service like Comfort Couch Cleaning Brisbane will make all your upholstery stains a distant memory. We provide not only stain removal but also stain protection services including the application of Scotchguard.
Comfort Couch Brisbane is a long-standing upholstery cleaning service provider providing stellar cleaning services in Brisbane and the surrounding neighbourhood. We service both commercial and residential establishments. Our customer service and cleaning technicians work 24X7 for your convenience. If you require same-day or emergency services, do not hesitate to contact us at 0480021473.